Monday, December 15, 2008

Thought for the day

As a side note, for my own insecurities, I must mention that i am simply brainstorming ideas, not necessarily to be taken seriously or as fact, now onto my thoughts

I still have some catching up to do on my ideas, but I would also like to mention that I am currently being ignorant to the way they do AI and Machine learning as of now on purpose, so I can make ideas on a clean slate before I am told what machine learning is, that way I could possibly use this to add to what is out there, before I am blinded.

Done with side notes:

Where is the line between how gullible you are, and how well you can pick up patterns. Suppose there is a very high reward for something and you don't know how to get to it, but you try the only thing you know 2 or even 3 times, how do you know the first time wasn't a fluke? what if it would have worked the 4th time? At what point would it be considered stupidity?

Or when it comes to believing something you hear or read, how would a computer be able to interpret what is true from false, it has to be a little gullible, but it cant have flaws in logic, or should it? CleverBot.com i noticed picks up language from its users, and from what i've infered it assumes that whatever we say in the context is what should be said, but this is not always true, but the computer always believes it. How would a filter on that work.

This is why I dont like what I hear about current AI, they don't seem to learn from scratch, they know one pattern and try to work with it, or just copy it, but it never bends it. Maybe a computer needs to learn how to ask questions, and benfit from it. So it knows how something can be bent.

I would write more but it's bedtime

No comments:

Post a Comment