Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fractle Thinking

I got an idea in my head that at first startled me. For a brief moment I felt what i think someone else would feel when they make a new discovery that nobody else knows about. This was however short lived (though still, the feeling was worth it) as I soon realized it seems as difficult as everything else I have mentioned.

I was pondering how it is that we learned for a brief moment, especially how we learn things that computers can do better like storing information. It immediately occurred to me that we use repetition as a way of pounding information, each time we add a little more, make it more fine, until we get it. Suddenly it came upon me, fractals seemed to be the answer. As a lot of scientists know, we humans are made of many self similar shapes called fractals. With each iteration the picture becomes more complete, starts looking pretty nice. I started to think that maybe, just maybe that's how we learn, and how we could teach computers to do it.

I wonder if we could prove it like people have proved that fractals are the answer to receiving more frequencies, but i have no idea how that proof worked out and this isn't exactly a physics problem.

I always feel like I want to write about more than one thing in each, but my goal is to have 1 thing every day to talk about that's different. So as a self reminder, I shall say my next one will be about my pondering that 1's and 0's may not be able to do it alone, and that there may be another dimension of logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment