Monday, December 22, 2008

Jumping right into my thoughts - may be difficult to read

currently the processes we have are only given under very limited circumstances, they are specifically made to learn different tasks. We could continue looking at differenet tasks and trying to replicate them until we get something right, or we could try something else.

When we talk as I have discused earlier we see more than just patterns of a subject and a verb and such. Things mean things to us differently depending on context of situation and many other things. Well, there's even more that we understand that computers don't. Computers don't know how to take commands and actually well... do them. If I say to a computer "make a pong program in java" it won't, even the software we have now will not. Maybe once a computer can understand what we say, it will be able to do what we do.

Now onto another thing that crosses my mind:

mutating pattern makers. 
What if we could find a way to mutate code and then select the best mutations given a selection pressure. What about learning techniques. 

what if we had a learning algorithm that tought a computer to learn to make learning algorithms instead of everything we're doing now. So if we could just give this learning algorithm the goal, it would write a learning algorithm to do it. 


WHY DID I DO THIS?
well, this is stuck in my head and i had to get it out. I'm hoping my creative juices will come up with more. I realize some is repeat, a lot of it is just additional stuff here and there as continuation of other thoughts, I get stuck on a thought to long and I need to get creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment