Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ok... I lost control... I did moderate research.

I have decided I shall not wait in the dark and try to stab at this, I will branch off and read stuff. I recently watched a speech given by Kwabena Boahen from Stanford University about making a computer that works like the brain, and it involved neural networking. I have also watched a machine learning lecture on youtube from Stanford. And since this is a blog about me making ideas for myself, I shall leave that at that and start branching off the way my brain wants to.  

I find it funny how neurons in my brain are desperately all trying to figure out how neurons in my brain could be translated to a program, seems ironic.

Suppose we couldnt replicate exactly how our brain works using the appropriot hardware. We could still use software to do i, however it would be slow, as it would be using computer storing techniques to use a brain storing technique. So we need connections in the brain to be made in infinite dimensions! well, what I mean by that is the brain needs to sort the information with a lot of details, and be able to look for similarities with other information, and link those neurons to find patterns. My previous idea of 1,0, and both 1 and 0 seems almost silly now, as when I watched the program on neurons, apparently our brain uses 1's and 0's the exact same way computers do, just a heck of a lot more fast.

I really don't think computing power should be considered a large issue, I dont care how fast a virtual human can run, as long as it can learn the way you and i do, with the same positive features a computer has to add, such as a lot of memory and the ability to instantly memorize something.  We have a lot of storage space, more than humans can hold I bet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment