Monday, January 26, 2009

Evolution

I honestly did not think I would get this far in my highschool year-- I either underestimated myself or overestimated the problem. I have had this idea existing for the past couple days, and it has been working for least least 4 days, and in this time I have tried to explain how this program works to many people, here's what I've practiced.

This program tries to play Connect4. There is an equation the program uses to try and figure out which spot is the best. Now you will notice that I used the word, 'try' alot, that's because it's never certain. The program's equation actually mutates. It copies itself and adds a slight mutation, then all of them play Connect4 a couple times to decide which mutations are best, and those live on while the rest die. The living ones reproduce and it goes on and on.

So far the equation it has is far from perfect, my challenge is to give it an opponent, my best choice I figure is to get them to play each other, I am experimenting with that right now.

I will post the advances I make but for some reason I feel as though I've stumbled on something I almost want to keep it somewhat private, so my descriptions will be vague...

contact me dfreelan@gmail.com if you want to know more (not that I have many followers...)

No comments:

Post a Comment